The M1 can fit on any mounting grip equipment that has a 1/4-20 or 3/8-16 male thread, but in most cases, it will be used in conjunction with a Konova slider. It screws on to the slider carriage just as a regular flat-based tripod head would do.
Once fitted, a single cable connected from the M1’s panning unit to the MSS junction box provides both power and transfers data.
All programming and operation is conducted with the SPT motion controller that’s included with the MSS-250 package.
Setting up a time-lapse sequence is a straightforward process, as each of the three axes can be programmed individually with specific parameters. For the pan and tilt axes, users specify the direction of rotation and the angular movement between each frame (0.2°, 0.4°, 0.6°, 0.8° or 1.0° per frame).
For ultimate control, there are two further settings to set the total number of panning/tilt movement to make and an option to set a starting frame for the motion. This allows the pan and tilt axes to begin moving at different times and after the tracking/slider motion has begun.
To reduce the number of cables, a camera release port is built directly in to the panning unit, meaning a cable does not need to stretch from the camera to the junction box on the end of the slider.
For panning only moves, the weight capacity is 10 kg and for panning and tilting sequences, the capacity is 5 kg. To accommodate different camera and lens sizes, there is a fully adjustable balancing solution.
The M1 Smart Head has a clever two-part design which reduces the footprint of the unit significantly compared to operation state. This ensures it fits in the supplied foamed bag and stays well protected without being overly large.
- Designed to be used with MSS-250 Motorised System for 3-axis time-lapses
- Minimum angle rotation of 0.2° per frame/capture
- Connects to MSS-250 Motorised System using single cable
- Camera release port directly on the Smart Head panning unit
- ‘Pan delay’ and ‘tilt delay’ functions to set different start times during a time-lapse seqeunce
- Multiple 1/4-20 & 3/8-16 threads on the base for convenient mounting
- Adjustable balancing for different sized cameras and lens combinations
- Two-piece design fits together for compact travelling
- Includes a foamed carrying bag for convenient and protected transportation
- 1 X P1 Pan Assembly
- 1 X T1 Tilt Assembly
- 1 X ‘L’ Shaped Camera Mounting Bracket
- 1 X 1/4-20 Camera Attachment Screw
- 1 X P1 to T1 Link Cable
- 1 X Ethernet Cable
|Warranty||CameraKings 3 Year Comprehensive Warranty|