The SHAPE a7S Cage provides two cold shoe mounts on top and leaves the camera's hot shoe mount accessible, offering convenient support for the Sony XLR-K1M and XLR-K2M audio packs. One cold shoe mount is offset to the side and is removable to provide access to the controls on that side of the camera. The other cold shoe mount overhangs in front of the camera and can be useful for both top handles and mics. The right side of the cage can be unscrewed and totally removed to allow you to hold the camera by the handle. A cutout on the bottom provides battery door access.
The cage secures to the bottom of the camera using an included 1/4"-20 screw with a small retainer ring. There are three mounting threads on the bottom, the middle one for the camera and the other two for tripod plates. The cage is designed specifically for the Sony a7S. It's lightweight and solid and offers added protection and 1/4"-20 mounting threads on all sides.
- Designed to accommodate Sony's XLR-K1M and XLR-K2M audio packs
- Two cold shoe mounts on top, one removable to provide access to controls
- Leaves the camera's hot shoe mount accessible
- Right side of the cage is removable to allow you to hold the camera handle
- Secures to the bottom of the camera with a 1/4"-20 screw
- Mounting threads for tripod plates
- 1/4"-20 mounting threads on all sides
- Provides battery door access