The Zacuto Halfcage Rail attaches to the Zacuto VCT Universal Baseplate and creates a solid, universal cage structure around the side and top of your camera. It features a contoured wood side grip, and the built-in double-sided Z-Rail offers you the ability to add an optional top handle or Zacuto Coldshoe lock (not included). The side grip incorporates fifteen 1/4"-20 threaded accessory mounting points.
An included 5" Z-Rail attaches along the side of the VCT Universal baseplate with two 1/4"-20 screws. The Zacuto Halfcage Rail then attaches that 5" Z-rail via a spring-loaded quick-release. At its most compact height, the Halfcage Rail has a clearance of 5.5". Four Allen head screws enable you to adjust the height to a 9" clearance. The side grip incorporates a 15mm rod port for attaching accessories.
- The contoured wood handle is made of hand-tooled maple.
- You can adjust the clearance height from 5.5 to 9" to accommodate a variety of different cameras.
- The double-sided top Z-Rail allows you to use a Zacuto Coldshoe Lock (not included) to secure your camera to the Halfcage by usng your camera's cold shoe. Please confirm compatibility with Zacuto prior to attempting this.
- The Halfcage Rail features a special magnetic indentation along the side for storing the included Allen key.
- Both locking levers, the QR for the Z-Rail and the integrated 15mm rod clamp, are spring-loaded. This allows you to tighten the clamps fully, even when you can't rotate the levers through a full 360°.
- Creates Half Cage to Protect Camera
- Built-In Top-Mounted Double-Sided Z-Rail
- 15 x 1/4"-20 Attachment Points
- Height Expandable from 5.5 to 9"
- Included Z-Rail for Mounting to VCT