The Zacuto VCT Universal Baseplate features a built-in, curved shoulder pad, a V-lock plate, removable, 15mm LWS spring-loaded rod clamps with 1.6" of vertical adjustment, and rows of 1/4"-20 mounting threads along the sides for accessories. The contoured and cushioned shoulder cavity allows your camera to sit only three-quarters of an inch above your shoulder, and you can mount the VCT Universal Baseplate to a tripod with a VCT14 QR plate. The shoulder pad is made of soft-gel polymer and a two-piece shoulder pad accounts for the natural slope in shoulder and is designed to balance your camera on the operator's right shoulder only. The V-lock tripod connector also incorporates 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 threads for direct connection to your tripod quick release plate.
The spring-loaded rod clamps are set far back in the baseplate. This allows you to position your camera further back on the plate, thus keeping the balance point of your rig directly over your shoulder. The sliding track of the rod riser offers 0.87" of vertical adjustment. The riser can also be flipped to offer up to 1.57" of adjustment from the lowest point. The shoulder pad is set as far forward on the plate as possible in order to maximise your accessory capable rod area and help with balance. This baseplate is designed to provide balance and comfort for every camera.
- Designed to work with virtually any camera
- Enables you to go from hand held/shoulder shooting to tripod shooting without changing mounting plates
- Attaches to any VCT14 QR tripod adapter system
- Vertically adjustable 15mm LWS rod clamps with spring-loaded locking levers
- Rear mounted screw thread sockets for 15mm rods following the Light Weight Rod Standard (LWS) of 60mm on-center distance between rods